CAREERS AT ANCASTER JOINT
LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY?
Look no further than Ancaster Joint.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
WHY WORK FOR US:
At the core of what makes us unique: we’re independent, family-owned, & community-minded. As a family-run, independent business, we are committed to providing a living wage for our staff and actively supporting a healthy work-life balance within our staff team culture. We are committed to doing all we can to provide a safe(r) space for everyone that comes into our store.
That means creating a space that is free of stigma around cannabis use, where it is safe to ask questions and be vulnerable and open to learning. We recognize that we are part of the living history of cannabis’ legalization. We are always striving to do better by knowing better, and will always be open to feedback from our staff, customers and industry partners to help us blaze a trail forward in this industry that is inclusive and reflective of the diversity of experiences and identities within our community.
Our staff are committed to ongoing, constant learning as it pertains to cannabis consumption, products and accessories and finding creative, compliant ways to translate that knowledge to our customers.
We’re deeply committed to empowering our customers with knowledge to feel confident in the decisions they make regarding their own cannabis use. We recognize that although our staff hold knowledge about cannabis, only our customers can determine what feels good for their bodies, right for their unique lifestyles and fitting for the goals of their personal cannabis experiences.
If those values jive with your own, perhaps you’d like to join our family team as a Sales Associate. Though the title sounds straight-forward-enough, the role itself is actually highly complex – and more importantly, it’s where the true magic happens in making and developing relationships with our customers.
Our Sales Associates are the face of AJ and a direct line to our customers, so they play a critical role in ensuring that operations are compliant and that customers feel welcome and supported in making their purchases/learning about products.
- Provide customers with individualized product support and knowledge
- Maintain on-going knowledge of new trends and products in the industry
- Ensure all aspects of daily operations are done so compliantly, including checking for IDs and signs of intoxication
- Complete sales transactions using a POS system (Cash, Debit & Credit)
- Assist and support maintaining, replenishing and counting stock
- Maintain a clean and sanitized workspace, adhering to health and safety policies amidst Covid-19
- Be open-minded and eager to take on other duties as required as assigned by the Store Manager and/or Owners
- Must be 19 years of age
- 3 years’ relevant, transferrable experience (ie. retail, public education, sales)
- Knowledge, interest and passion for the cannabis plant, our endocannabinoid systems, cannabis accessories and the cannabis industry
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a team-based environment
- Excellent self-directed work ethic, always conducting yourself with integrity and honesty
- Demonstrated history and skills in reliability, time management and organization
- Uplifting, positive, pleasant, warm and approachable demeanor
- An eagerness, openness and commitment to ongoing learning, feedback and coaching
- Able to work rotating shifts: day, evening and weekend hours as required
- Cannsell Standard Certification will be required before employment commences
- A recent criminal background check (within the last 6 months) will be required before employment commences
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Manager, Ancaster Joint
*Note: in your cover letter, please specify which position (FT/PT) you are applying for and articulate to us your passion for cannabis and/or this industry. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 10 by 7pm